Welcome to update 1.18, Heroes!
The city wall of Southmarsh is in ruins. The fallen litter the battlefield.
Fire and smoke fills the air. But the free folk of Southmarsh will not yield!
Under a rain of Darkfire stones, the forces of evil begin their final assault on the city.
The bells toll from every tower, calling for help - but will it arrive in time?
The siege of Southmarsh is over, but the battle for Southmarsh has just begun!
This update is packed full of epic battles. Fight the restless dead on "The Battle Plains" and join the ferocious event "Battle for Southmarsh" - great rewards are to be had as new heroes make their entrance. What's more the Elemental Dungeon has received a big visual upgrade and a player requested feature to switch between “auto-play” and “speed up” independently of each other has been added.
- The Battle Plains, bring the fight to the restless dead!
- Full set of mini events to engage with, Event Calendar at the end of this post.
- Battle for Southmarsh event weekends!
New and improved Features
- Flexible control of autoplay / speed.
You can now toggle auto and x2 speed independently of each other.
Chilled debuff has been changed.
Designers note: Chilleds original stat modification was the same as Dazed. To widen the design space it was chosen to change Chilled.
- Previous version reduced Movement Speed to 50% and Attack Speed to 50% (identical to Daze)
- 1.18 Version reduces Movement Speed to 50% and Damage to 80%
- Heroes affected: Elen and Hagin
- New PvP map cycle with more special maps.
Two Towers make a return and a new Race map "Lightning Shore" - which has a stun tower make their apperance.
- Elemental Dungeons has seen a visual update.
Each dungeon will now have visuals corresponding to its element.
- Forfeit Arena, inactive players will be kicked.
Players that don't play but just rely on their power to win will lose after a certain time of inactivity.
- Game Localization work started.
Darkfire Heroes has been translated into French/Italian/German/Spanish.
- New servers.
- Räem, Epic Earth Tank Hero with beastly stats
- Leovani, Common Dark Damage dealer with an explosive trick up his sleeve
- Myconid, summon a Fey myconid warrior to fight for you. It stuns enemies close to it when it dies.
- New Epic gear piece - Fey Spirit Stone
- New Rare gear piece - Blessed Clover
- Event themed skins for Vargr, Kataryn and Elsi
- Portraits and Frames for Battle for Southmarsh, St. Patricks Day and Easter
Please find the event calendar for March below, keep in mind that the calendar is subject to change over the course of the month.