Welcome to Update 1.22! The update will be rolling out to your app-stores later today, be sure to follow the Discord server for the most up-to-date information! We've got a lot to cover today, so let's hop right into it!
The sacred grove lies in ruin and the War of the Witches is upon us - a fight between light and dark magic. In two epic events, you will get to join the fight and win epic prizes. In the campaign, you will enter the Temple of Fire where epic bosses await you. Master of Elements also makes a return along with updates to the early game, new epic items, two new bewitching heroes, and a new spell.
- New heroes
- Gelfrat, epic air damage dealer that causes fear and panic
- Vrimyra, rare light support hero that has a new powerful debuff Frailty
- Frailty: Reduces damage done by 30%, increases damage taken with 25%. This stacks with Vulnerable,Trapped and other debuffs.
- New spell
- Sprint, increases the movement speed of your heroes!
- Sprint has very specific use cases and auto-play will not make use of it
- New areas
- Temple of Fire (main quest)
- Goblin Horde #8 (side quest)
- New gear - 3 epics, 3 rares
- New cosmetics
- New player profile portraits
- New player profile frames
- War of the Witches Part 1 and Part 2
- Master of Elements event
- New mini-event calendar
- Multiplayer updates
- Separate ELO scores for Race and Castle Conquest. Previously the same ELO was shared across both modes, but for players preferring one mode over the other it made it hard to switch.
- Example: If you had 1000 ELO before 1.22, you will now have 1000 ELO in Hero Race and Castle Conquest.
- Tweaking matchmaker, reducing the chance of facing players with too big a player level gap between. (May result in more bot matches)
- Shorter matchmaking wait time for players. (May result in more bot matches)
- Improved bot AI for both Race and Castle Conquest. (Should result in more interesting bot matches)
- Performance: Network spikes
- Improved ai targeting code which took a very long time calculating targeting resulting in delays in server response leading to network spikes.
- This should solve some instances of:
- Characters walking in-place
- Yellow/red network indicator
- Event ticket system update: Boss and brawl ticket changes
- Brawl ticket cap goes to 8 tickets, you start with 8 at the beginning of the day
- Boss ticket cap goes up to 8 tickets, you start with 8 at the beginning of the day. This fixes the issue where you could “spend” your tickets for the day, just before the new node opens.
- Local notifications to send notifications for specific game events.
- Event boss tickets refilled
- Event arena brawl tickets refilled
- Event starting
- Gem rewards from monthly card received
- Next level button has been added to the reward screen, so you don’t have to go back to the map to start the next level.
- Fixed Protection stats from Gear not being calculated correctly when determining duration of a debuff.
- Two main ways that this will affect the game:
- Campaign and other PvE content will generally be easier as heroes get to equip gear, but the monsters do not.
- Arena and other PvP content will see both players benefit from this, but the application of Protect gear will now work as expected.
- Crowd Control spells should be less oppressive as a result of this fix
- Fixed Nuro aiming line to display correct color when available
- Fixed crash bug related to support tickets (only happened when changing dates on device)
- Fixed load out saving issue - issue with load out not being properly saved in some instances
- Fixed issue where it was possible to buy unreleased gear (you could get event gear before the actual event by purchasing packs, this shouldn’t happen anymore).
- Fixed issue in wave attack event mode where summons didn’t count towards spawning next waves
- Fixed various localization issues
- Fix to Tomoni exploit in Hero Race
- Update to audio so that game music is muted when other user audio sources are present
PvP map cycle
Updated map cycle - number in () denotes how many times during a week the map is featured.
- Castle Conquest maps: Classic Arena (1), The Tomb (2), The Prince’s Arena (1), The Dimension of Dread (1), The City Streets (1), Two Towers (1)
- Hero Race maps: The Royal Race (2), Lightning Shore (1), The Frozen Castle (2), The Bandit Canyon (1), The Beholder City Race (1)
- Credits added to settings menu
- Audio updates
- More ambience work on the starting 20 levels
- More UI sounds
- Added music and ambience to Arena-modes and Elemental Dungeon
- Audio mixing improvements
- Various fixes, switching on Trophy Road tutorial again
- New join Clan tutorial showing off benefits from joining a clan. Old players will see this one too.
- Added a new Soul Chest that pays out Ancient Souls to the game.
- Updated “No current event” graphics.
- Updated store content
- Updated localization