Update 1.23 is coming soon! The expected release day is Monday, August 2nd. Here's a quick preview of the patch notes. As always, be sure to check your app store for the update and join the Discord server for the most up-to-date information!
With summer upon us, it is time to return to some of our favorite events of the past 6 months. We revisit the Darbad archipelago, the Monster Hunters of Karovia as well as the Riamo Caravan. In the campaign, you get to cool off in the Dimension of Ice where new enemies await - the Frost Shades. Finally, some balance changes have been made to improve the overall experience of some spells and a hero.
- Vany, reduced base healing from 149 to 143, improved his charge time from 17 seconds to 15 seconds.
- This change increased his overall healing done per second even if it reduced the amount of healing per use
- It allows him to better use his remove debuffs ability which we also wanted to do
- Meteor, reduced the cost from 7 to 5, increased initial damage from 120 to 150, and reduced the stun increase pr level from 0.2 to 0.1
- Previously it was hard to justify bringing Meteor in any mode. By reducing its cost and increasing the damage it should be more viable to use. Reduced the stun pr. level to prevent very high-level meteors stunning for too long as it is not resisted by Protect.
- Myconid, reduced initial stun from 3 to 2 seconds
- This was done to make Myconid less dominant, as it is currently the most dominant spell in the Arena
- Purify, reduced the cost from 4 to 3
- Purify was hard to fit into the cycle especially in PvP when it matters the most, reducing the cost allows you that flexibility when bringing it into a level.
- War Golem, increased initial damage from 40 to 100 and increased the initial Health from 500 to 1000.
- War Golem simply didn’t pack enough punch for its mana cost. Unlike its smaller cousin Golems War Golem is there to do massive damage to the enemy with this change we hope to see it become more relevant as a spell to bring in your deck.
- Campaign Progress meter on Campaign button showing levels to complete until the next Silver / Gold chest.
- Trophy Road Progress meter on Arena button showing progress towards next milestone on the Trophy Road. Also shows your furthest progress if you fall back during the season.
- The First 4 expeditions run faster, only for new players.
- Extra energy stones added to rewards at the start of the game.
- Increased number of Rare cards in Bronze, Silver, and Gold chests for players below lvl 10.
- A New Type of Clan Leaderboard with a contribution cap per clan member will be introduced - at first in a limited capacity. The tiebreaker will be the clan that reaches the max score first.
- Design Note: These leaderboards are meant as a way to encourage overall clan engagement over a few ‘heavy hitters’. This type of Leaderboard will also naturally limit the amount of grind needed in some clan competitions.
- No longer applying “elemental level boost” to the displayed character level in Arena to try to mitigate confusion about the actual levels of what heroes you are up against.
- Design Note: The Arena previously showed the “functional” level of the hero which is hero_level + elemental_modifier, but that could lead to misunderstandings. Example: Both you and your opponent bring a level 6 Raebert to the arena during a +6 light day. You would be looking at a lvl 12 Raebert, and unless you understood it would be 6+6 it would appear very unfair and your opponent would be in the same situation. To get rid of the confusion we decided to only show the hero’s base level.
- Treasures of Darbad - Summer Bonanza Remix
- Moonlight Monsters - Summer Bonanza Remix
- Caravan of Souls - Summer Bonanza Remix
- Master of Elements
- New mini event calendar
- Other than the normal leaderboard rewards there will also be a leaderboard where players can win Vargr cards, and one with Meteor and Bone Curse spells.
- New cosmetics
- New player profile portraits
- New player profile frames
- New areas
- Dimension of Ice (main quest)
- Goblin Horde #9 (side quest)
- New Enemy Faction - Frost Shades, icy shades that have a chilling effect on your heroes.
- Fixed issue with hero powers and spells being grayed out in race mode. Reported on discord.
- Fixed issue with a discrepancy between timer and refill time on boss battles in event Reported on discord.
- Fixed issue with multi-salvage on Android when hitting the back button during multi salvage Reported on discord.
- Fixed issue with souls increasing maximum hero health, but not updating their current health.
PvP map cycle
Updated map cycle - number in () denotes how many times during a week the map is featured.
- Castle Conquest maps: The Magical Tower (1), Classic Arena (2), The Trial Grounds (2), The Graveyard (2)
- Hero Race maps: The Royal Race (1), The Frozen Castle (2), The Bandit Canyon (2), The Twin Castle Race (2)
- Improved game stability and performance on some devices.
- Updated store content.
- Improved Audio on more levels.
Article is closed for comments.