Update 1.25 is coming soon! The expected release day is Monday, October 4th. Here's a quick preview of the patch notes. As always, be sure to check your app store for the update and join the Discord server for the most up-to-date information!
"For decades, the Guardians of the Chalice have searched far and wide for any sign of the chalices, ancient relics of power. All their effort has been in vain … until now. Hunt for the Chalices in this season's events. This update also speeds up energy recharge and boosts max energy for high-level players as well as introduces 6 new epic items, new heroes, and something special for Halloween! "
- His hero power can now land critical hits
- His hero power damage was increased by 10%
- Her hero power can now land critical hits
- Added new visual effects (VFX) to her Unstable Explosives skill
- Extra Resilient bonuses increased from 45/90/135 to 50/100/150
- Affects: Ylga, Hagin and one of the new heroes
- Daily Login Rewards, we have introduced a 20-day daily login feature.
- Each day you login a new reward will await you. After 20 days of logging in, an Epic chest will be rewarded. This replaces the pick 3 out of 4 key boxes as a daily reward login reward.
- We are aware that this will diminish the number of free keys in the game and will find other ways to get those keys into your hands as the key chests are a main source for getting gear shards.
- More energy, we have done a number of changes to the energy system that all result in more energy.
- When leveling up energy is now added to your total instead of refilled to your cap. This also aligns with a Community Suggestion.
- The recharge rate has increased, you receive 1 energy every 6th minute instead of every 10th. Basically in an hour, you regain 10 energy, rather than 6 energy.
- The energy cap for higher-level players has increased. The new energy cap for a level 40 player is 40 energy.
- Weekly quests are now split by player level.
- Early level players will not be required to complete Elemental Dungeon floor 10.
- Late game players 26+ will no longer be required to unlock new cards
- Two new quest types have been added: Upgrade hero and upgrade spell cards.
- The most important changes are that:
- As such there shouldn’t be any impossible to complete quests on the weekly quests anymore.
- New daily quest type added, new play X minutes today quests have been added. These quests pay out a reward upon completion, rather than add points towards the daily quest chest. For example, playing 40 minutes pays out 50 keys.
- Game Story, we have started adding an epic story to the game. For now the story covers the first 4 areas of the game.
- Each area will have a story button (scroll) that you can tap to revisit the story after it has been completed. So if you have already completed the first 4 areas you can go back into them and experience the story from there.
- More Hero backstories have been added!
- You can now dig into the backstories for: Marthe, Lirs, Korl, Josse, Ivon, Cruzo, Gromun, Gyrtrude, Liroy.
- Game Guide, this is a new work in progress feature. The concept of the guide is to explain various aspects of the game, we could also see this as becoming a place where we could dig more into the lore of the Darkfire Heroes world.
- The Game Guide is accessed from the main menu via the book button.
- We will add more with each update - community suggestions are more than welcome.
- Update made to Hero Power inspect UI
- The Hero Power UI now displays the charge time for the ability!
- Damage over Time effects that also applied a side effect now correctly displays the duration of the damage and the duration of the applied side effect separately.
- Essence Tab, fixed layout to be one column instead of two to make it easier to read.
- Community suggestion (from Discord)
New Event content:
- The Guardians of the Chalice part 1
- The Guardians of the Chalice part 2
- Master of Elements
- Halloween special
- Remixing parts of Creatures of the Dark and adding a few Halloweeny twists.
- New mini event calendar
- To make room for the Halloween event the Arena Bash contest for the Monthly frame has been pushed to a Friday. Still just a one-day event Friday the 15th of October.
- New Heroes
- Gyrtrude, epic fire tank - she is a warrior priestess with a powerful Stun ability.
- Liroy, rare air damage dealer - his ability has arrows ricocheting between targets dealing damage to multiple targets.
- New Spell
- Vampiric Blast, epic spell - damages all enemies in a line. The heroes each receive a portion of the damage dealt as Health.
- The spell does Spirit damage.
- New cosmetics
- New player profile portraits, that can be won in the events
- New player profile frames, that can be won in the events
- New areas
- The Darkfey Temple (main quest)
- Darkfire Site #8 (side quest)
- New gear
- 6 epic items!
- Let us elaborate a bit: The theme for this month's events is the hunt for the three holy chalices. As such, we created a powerful set of epic items - the Three Chalices. The set consists of one attack, one defense, and one magic item.
- Two of the other three new epic items will be obtainable by completing the event totalizers.
- 1 rare item, for a Halloween special!
- New start to the game with a set of 4 brand new levels before you enter the regular campaign, only new accounts will experience them.
- These four levels are small self-contained mini-story that get you started on the game.
- Older players can get a feel for what is going on by replaying the tutorial level.
- Fixed bug with “regular” health bar sometimes appearing in boss fights during events.
- Fixed bug where you could get into a locked state during hero level up tutorial.
- Fixed issues with dragging out hero abilities during PvP battles when having a bad Internet connection. Reported on Discord.
- Fixed an issue where some players wouldn’t get the new Hero unlocked when purchasing the Dyane starter pack. They still got the cards though.
- Fixed various localization issues.
PvP map cycle
Updated map cycle - number in () denotes how many times during a week the map is featured.
- Castle Conquest maps: The Dimension of Dread (1), Classic Arena (2), The Infested Forest (1), Two Towers (1), Darkfey Forest (2)
- Hero Race maps: Dead City Race (1), Lightning Shore (1), The Royal Race (2), The Twin Castle Race (1), The Frozen Castle (1), Dimension of Dread (1)
- Improvements added to network timeouts
- Updated store content.
More campaign levels, as well as the PvP levels, have received ambient audio
Improved the layout of the inbox to be better at showing larger chunks of text
Removed key boxes in the start; we wanted something less stale and more exciting as the daily login reward, as explained above the lost keys will find their ways into your inventory via other game systems.
- Updated to Elemental Dungeon tutorial (removed some redundant steps)
- More languages supported: Japanese, Korean & Traditional Chinese.
- During the 1.25 month we will test a new ingame video feature, showing Oscar giving tips and tricks for the game.
These tests may not start right away, but should happen over the course of 1.25
Article is closed for comments.